We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
27177 185th Ave SE,
Covington, WA 98042
Phone: (253) 639-6378
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are located in the Home Depot Plaza on the west end near Red Robin.
• Watch for Loon chicks beginning to dive for their own food.
• Gray Jays (aka Whiskey Jacks) are common at campsites where they are fearless. Watch out for
they might snitch your food!
• Bats begin mating in mid-August.
• American Widgeon and Surf Scoters arrive this month.
• Black-headed Grosbeaks, the earliest fall transient, depart, followed by the Bullock’s Oriole.
• Goldfinches will nest this month!
• Hearing a lot of screeching? Steller's Jays and squirrels fight over green hazelnuts this time of year.
• Douglas Squirrels drop fir cones to stash for winter.
• Rufous Hummingbirds depart the lowlands and begin their migration to Mexico.
• Yellow-bellied Marmots and Beldings Ground Squirrels begin their long winter hibernation.
• Flocks of Vaux’s Swifts migrate through. Watch them dive into chimneys to roost in the evening.
• Keep hummingbird feeders full. Rufous Hummingbirds will almost double their weight before
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month. Take a drive away from the city lights and enjoy the show!